Thursday, November 5, 2009

Worth!

The worth of a person is so great! No matter the person... they have something to offer you. So ask yourself... who have you been taking for granted?

Last night I attended the Chevelle concert. (My good friend Sam Whittier's band, I AM THE, opended for them.) As I am not much of a rock style of music guy I went to support my friend. As Chevelle came on the stage they played a great show... as I sat and watched from the balcony above at the crowd below... I noticed how much energy Chevelle had created amongst this crowd. Everyone was focused and the stage and lost in a trans. I realized how much influence Chevelle had on this crowd. And it dawned on me... they had been given a talent, they maximize their skill, and they shared it... not worrying about an outcome, yet playing because they were passionate about their music. And because they detached their self from the outcome, they influence many around the nation.

I realized those people in the crowd were after the same thing I am after, and it's happiness. I learned that happiness starts with our own self worth, and that through our talents we help others discover their own self worth. Just as others inspire us with their skills and talents... we too have skills and talents that will change others lives.

Each one of us as spiritual being are in a human experience with mortal limitations. Limitations that can and should be removed. The limitations of not being enough, of fear, of being right or wrong. Their is not two sides of a fence, yet only two directions of a continuum.

So the b side to the truth today is stop searching for right or wrong... and start searching for the better more efficient way. And remember those that have given you their love and have given you the opportunity to love. Be grateful what you have and stop wasting time on what you don't have or what you have lost out on.

Colton - discover your true'ness'

No comments:

Post a Comment