Thursday, December 31, 2009

Writing Your B Side to the Truth

“Children are remarkable for their intelligence and ardor, for their curiosity, their intolerance of shams, the clarity and ruthlessness of their vision.”
Aldous Huxley

Being in Brazil for the last week, with another 20 days to go... has given me much time to develop some inner personal communication skills. The rush of life and the A Side is still strong here. Yet the lack of knowing things here and having to figure things out has given a sense of developing knowledge and gaining clarity.

This quote from Aldous Huxley explains its best. They have Zero limiting beliefs. This should be what we strive for, to be 100% positive and focused on our vision and having the life we want and a life worth living. Many times the life we think we want, is not the life we want. And even more so we forget that we are living life now. We are not going to ge to a certain spot one day and say, ok that was great I conquered life today now what? We will continually be traveling a great journey and increasing our knowledge and skills.

As I look at the beauty of children and the glow from their face of just enjoying that very moment it creates curiosity inside me to think... is this possible again in my life. Although it may not be every second of the day, we can develop skills that help us recognize when we are not as children, not in the moment, and not having a life worth living.

Today as I sat in silence and pondered the last couple days, things I have experienced, success, and failure... I discovered a process. I will spend the next few weeks refining it to help others learn it, to experiment with it, to apply it in my own life and to see the results.

It is a 6 step process

Step 1: Recognition and listening to the A Side... includes feelings of frustration... depression, low energy, lack of desire, negative thoughts. We must recognize these feelings.

Step 2: Cause... what lack of action caused these feelings, what recent experience is causeing this, what is going wrong in life? Be specific. this is an imortant step.

Step 3: Self-told lies... Why didn´t i do those actions, what were my excuses?

Step 4: Writing the B Side... what do I want to see happen or change...? be specific.

Step 5: Listen to old songs you wrote... list your past success of when you felt great and succeed.

Step 6: Instant action plan... write specifically what you will do and it must be done instantly. Use words like I will, I am, I do, I love. You must complete these actions immediately with in 2 or 3 days and possibly for a short amount of time, 7 to 14 days if they are daily actions steps.

To tie it all together take 5 to 10 minutes and write gratitude for your success, and things in your life. Relate it to the specific topic as close as possible.

Today is the day of our life. Yesterday is gone, yet we can learn from it. Tomorrow is not yet here, yet what we do today will write our future for others to learn from and also have a life worth living. Today ask yourself... what is a cause worth living for?

Colton - discover your true´ness´

No comments:

Post a Comment