Tuesday, August 10, 2010

True Meditation, by Jordyn Pebbles

True Meditation
"Meditation is being happy with yourself for no reason at all. The joy of cherishing your being, happy that you are. You are simply in love with yourself, in love with existence." - Tishan


While I traveled Nepal, it was quickly shown unto me how important meditation was to the people. I even attended a monks monastery for seven hours a day, three days straight, of just pure silence. I did this in order to create a deep relationship within myself. At the end of the second day, a quote that was shown unto me before I had left entered into my mind, "To a mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders." - Chuang Tzu. These words had never held such a greater meaning. Just by sitting in a silent room and evaluating my life, I was seeing the world around me as a whole new realm; things were shown unto me in a light that I had never anticipated. It changed my outlook, and now has become an everyday occurrence.


I tend to refer to meditation more so as insight because the intention is to gain insight as to the true nature of reality. I have heard people say that they "don't know how to do it... or ..it's kinda weird". Meditation is nothing more than a mind-body process that uses concentration or reflection to relax the body and calm the mind. I found a quote that went so well with the idea of meditation; "You cannot transcend what you do not know. To go beyond yourself, you must know yourself." -Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj. While meditating, you discover in your mind a strength which ultimately leads to self enlightenment. Just like the quote above says "to go beyond yourself, you must know yourself" True meditation will lead you to the knowledge you'll need to truly understand yourself.



Jordyn(:
August 10, 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment