Monday, August 16, 2010

Experience: Go Get Some

“Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn.” - C.S. Lewis

As we exponentially grow with people, things, ideas, even more so we are exponentially growing with education. Yet it as if someone has put a mental stumbling block int the way of education by inventing degrees and licenses.

The other day I took my sweet fiance, Jordyn Pebbles, to the IHC Instacare. As she was treated for an hour and half... I sat thinking after... how do we know this guy from Adam? Then went on my way engulfed in the coolness of my slave driving Iphone. Not once did we ask to see his proof of education.

Every March and April 15th we have taxes due. Corporation taxes in March and personal taxes in April (which in my opinion Federal taxes are a joke and the beginning destruction of our great nation). I invest the smart return on my investment of taxes by having hired a CPA. Which has definitely has a degree from a University or College. Yet, now that I recall... not one time have I ever stopped to ask... oh by the way... let's see your degree.

In real estate there are what I would say are three levels of agents: first, non producers which are about 60%; second, average producers with an income of $50,000 to $100,000; and third, producers with an income of $100,000 plus. Yet the degree of energy put in also depends on one's desire to dedicate and get the education to increase their level of performance. Not once has anyone asked to see my license and hardly ever has anyone asked to know where I got my training or education from. Simply in all cases people want to know they can trust you... whether in Real Estate, Accounting, or Medical.

This post was not to undermined the need of education. Yet to emphasis the need for education. And the best educator is experience and self-propelled education. The one thing the Instacare, the CPA, and the producing real estate agents have in common; is an established set of skills they have developed through experience and an image of trust.

The B Side To The Truth is we do not need someone to tell us what we can and cannot learn. If you want to learn something read a book and apply what you learn. The learning curve of experience will teach you the trade.

"I have never let any schooling interfere with my education." - Mark Twain

Colton - Discover your true'ness'

No comments:

Post a Comment