Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Simple Living

"Our affluent society contains those of talent and insight who are driven to prefer poverty, to choose it, rather than submit to the desolation of an empty abundance." - Michael Harrington

"The ability to simplify means to eliminate the unnecessary so that the necessary may speak." - Hans Hoffman

The pleasure of simple life. I thought the other day a curious phrase of "All I want is a simple life, a simple Wife, and a simple house. That way I can enjoy the simple joys of this World."

Our World is moving quicker and quicker every day. The simplicity of life has escaped us. There seems to be less and less joy being experienced due to the loud noise. How can one experience joy if they never see it? What is keeping us from seeing joy day to day.

I think back to when I was a kid. Maybe 6 or 7 years of age... and what did I do on a Friday night. I spent it with my family. I had no concerns of mortgage payments, no concerns of car payments, no concerns of money what so ever... I just lived and I was provided for.

As I entered the World of entrepreneur I quickly learned that money grows on trees and money can buy you anything. The more I made, the more I could buy... yet quickly I saw myself slipping into the trap of credit and debt. I realized debt created a great captivity upon me and upon the World. I made the next year my only purpose to make money, to make a lot of it, and to have zero debt. To be financially free. And how wonderful it was to alleviate the burden of financial stress in my life.

Yet now at the young age of 25 I have reached a point where $100k a year is not sufficient for me. I have set personal goals to make $150k this year, and one million dollars in one year by the age of thirty. And to an innocent bystander looking on one might say, hey! That's a great goal... I wish I could make a million dollars a year. Then as I continued to think as "big thinkers" think and business planning not only 5 years out in advance, yet 15 years in advance. I had created a plan to make over 10 million dollars a year by the age of 40, which is only 14 years away.

As I pondered a paradigm shift from the first dimension to the second dimension, I realized what I had so deeply been looking for still wasn't found permanently. Although I had what I felt were great times with money in the last year, the newness wears off and I must replace the old with the new. It is if everything in this mortal existence wears off to disappears.

As I have slowly reached the third dimension I am ever more so brought to the attention of not only silence, yet simplicity and truth. Even in silent moments of thinking of creativity in second dimension your thoughts can become so fixed and focus on money, you blow off the the simple greatness of life. Which when I was 7 it was so easy to see, it was that of being with my family, it was that of just simple life.

The B Side To The Truth is this, recognize what dimension you are in and seek to get to a higher dimension! The top of the second dimension you must look way beyond. Because at the top of the social pyramid and of the pyramid of money, there is something more and there is something greater! And when you recognize what dimension you are in, learn the skills and the knowledge to take you to greater heights. Yet be careful, just as Tao Te Ching said "We shape clay into a pot, but it is the emptiness inside that holds whatever we want."

Colton - Discover your true'ness'

No comments:

Post a Comment