Thursday, April 15, 2010

Cunning riches of the World

A faithful man shall abound with blessings; but he that maketh haste to be rich shall not be innocent. Proverbs 28:20

I often stop and look at the World in amazement. I once thought the entrepreneur had the secret to happiness. Slowly my eyes were opened that he too was captured in a cycle of money. It is as if we have been programmed in such a way to make money and gains as our focus. To let the little joys of life escape past us... to clutter our minds with the vain things that create a rush of life.

William Blake once said "I have mental joys and mental health, Mental friends and mental wealth, I've a wife that I love and that loves me; I've all but riches bodily."

Our greatest joys have never been the things of the World, yet the relationships which we have built. The ones that we love. And as we all have become entrenched into a systematic way of life, we have become seekers of things and money and gain.

Every moment of breath we take is actual time of life.

The B Side To The Truth is to receive the greatest gifts of this life, leave the master of money to those that seek the money. Spend time with those that you cherish and those that will cherish you. Money can never buy you happiness and it can never bring more joy than that of inner peace and love.

I have a great friend that in a sense described to me this feeling of false hope and happiness. He has bought many cars and through each car learned many lessons. "The lesson I most learned from it is the new wears off." It soon becomes not enough as it once was. Then to feed our ego we must get newer and better... to trick us into letting us think we have done well for ourselves. Yet it is not ourselves that gives us grace.

Colton - discover your true'ness'

B Side Extra: "But I have learned a thing or two; I know as sure as fate, When we lock up our lives for wealth, the gold key comes too late." - Will Carelton



No comments:

Post a Comment