Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Who Is Autosuggesting Your Mind


"Your ability to use the principle of autosuggestion will depend, very largely, upon your capacity to concentrate upon a given desire until that desire becomes a burning obsession." - Napoleon HIll


Daily things are being plugged into your mind.  Either by default or by your ability to program your subconscious  mind.  The question is what and who is programming you?

Yesterday on The B Side To The Truth Podcast we discussed things all around the board.  One thing in particular we touched on was music and it's ability to program the subconscious mind.

As I was driving down the road with my friend in the passenger seat, he continually kept turning on my radio and I kept turning it off.  This happened about five or six times.  I have discovered the power of silence and driving with no sound in the car... with or without passengers.  It allows one to think with their conscience and it allows real time conversation with people about life.  The next week I was riding in his car and as always the music is blasting loud and all that we could hear were the words

"I like that boom boom pow
Them chicken jackin' my style
They try to copy my swagger
I'm on that next shit now
I'm so three thousand and eight
You so two thousand and late
I got that boom boom boom
That future boom boom boom
Let me get it now."

Those are the words from the Black Eyed Peas song Boom Boom Pow.  As I said, "Listen Josh.  Hear those words?  What is the whole message of the song? (Don't get me wrong, the song is a pretty sick beat.) But listen to the whole meaning of the song.  It talks about "I have the hot shit and you don't" in a nutshell."

The B Side To The Truth is everything we listen to programs us.  News, Radio, Music, Youtube.com, Hulu, Pandora, Media, Religion, Friends, Family, whatever it is we are constantly being programmed.  And above and beyond we are constantly being programmed with status.  Status is the pride that enters our hearts and causes us to get a burning desire to get gain simply to climb the social status.

So what and who is programming you?

Colton - discover your true'ness'

1 comment:

  1. We are constantly programmed by our surroundings from the very minute we are born.

    ReplyDelete