Wednesday, October 7, 2009

What bogs us down?

Last night I had an incredible experience. My cell phone broke! I could not text, call, or receive calls on my phone. In fact I still can't. But I was able to enjoy the company of my family. Although I have been ill the last couple of days, I was able to converse and "be with" them. Instead of being with who ever else I was focused on while I was text messaging or always with my cell phone in hand.

The b side of the truth is we get so lost in techonology that we forget our roots. We forget our direct connection with God. We forget to build relationships. This is the cause of faulty teens and dating these days. 10 year olds with cell phones for safety, or whatever. The fact of the matter is we must train ourselves to be alive with out technology.

The challenge is spend tonight with no phone, email, or facebook. See what happens.
Want to take it to a level that will change you. No phone, email, or facebook til you get to the office or where ever you are going tomorrow.

What do I do with the extra time? Spend it with your family, reading, writing in your jounral, writing gratitude cards, and other activities that build your positive energy.

Colton - discover your true'ness'

No comments:

Post a Comment