Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Your Focus Becomes Your Thoughts

Often times the mind works a million miles an hour.  We live in a day of constant noise and distraction.  Lately all I can think about is stock piling and investing in commodities.  The problem is as I focus merely on that I forget the very essence that got me to this point... which is the best way I know how to produce capital from my real estate business.  I have slowed down in what fuels that business vehicle.  That is prospecting and lead generating. Why though?  I look at what I am reading constantly and it is all future things for me to do with my capital.  Yet with no capital I cannot do those things.  So first and foremost I must pay myself.

What does it mean to pay yourself first? It means create an investment account which you will accumulate to a certain capital number.  Then once the capital number is sufficient take that capital and invest it into a cashflowing passive income.  Cashflow is what the focus of investing should be.  Not capital gains.  Capital gains can be nice, yet it typically always comes at a loss.  Much like vegas... sooner or later the luck will run out.

So what should the mind focus on and how?  The mind should focus on the simple joys of life.  Yes if everyone had $20,000 a month residual income it would be easy.  But what about the guy only making $3,000 to $5,000 a month with 3 kids and and bills running out the wazoo!  Is money the real simple joy of life? No.  But a focused plan on creating financial freedom should be created.  Yet in the mean time when there isn't exactly financial freedom we should seek to enjoy life.  And the reality is, joy does not come from activities that cost money, yet from the relationships that are built during the activity.

On Saturday, my wife and I had the opportunity to go with some friends and make mozzerella cheese.  They also invited some of their good friends and some family. I realized after it was a low cost night... or should I say day out, and we enjoyed the company of great people.

The B Side to The Truth is this life is about the moments of joy that are developed from the creation of memories.  If we put our focus on enjoying life and creating memories our thoughts will be of enjoyment.  Must people do not enjoy life, because they do not focus on enjoying life.  It must become a priority.  So remember... pay yourself first... in all realms of life!

Colton - discover your true'ness'

No comments:

Post a Comment