Friday, December 3, 2010

True Wealth... and Acts of Service

“The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others.” - Gandhi

The reality of life is we get lost in the hustle and bustle of things that do not even matter. As the Christmas season has arrived it is a great time to sit back and analyze the things that do matter. Over the last 4 years, the United States of America has definitely had some major changes that effected millions of Americans lifestyles.

Money comes and goes and for some seems to grow on trees, yet real joy requires no money at all. As I have had the opportunity to travel to Brazil and visit from the north part of the country to the south part of the country I have been able to see from the super rich to the slums of poverty. And believe it or not the happiest people I met were the young poor children. The one that could take the pot and beat it with a spoon and never even hear of an Ipad their whole entire life. As many locations outside of the united states are this way, I realized quickly happiness does not come from money, things, and apparel.

The B Side To The Truth is real happiness and wealth comes from acts of service and simple joys of life. Taking the time to let the stress' of life go and embrace the love of another. The ability to give whether it be time, money, or anything for a positive will develop and cultivate a true feeling of joy and happiness. Not to mention the more you give in a particular thing, the more you will receive in the same. Give more money and more money will find its way back to you. Give more time and more time will find its way back to you. Give more of your knowledge and gain more knowledge.

So during these holiday times take a second to forget about the new fancy jeans, the awesome Christmas lights, the wonderful food, the sweet new electronics and fill that time with joy, love, and service. We have created a fallacy of self-gratification during this time, when it really is a time to cultivate charity and love by giving. Ask yourself... how can I give more at this time in my life?

By giving... you will receive what you truly desire.

Colton - discover your true'ness'

1 comment:

  1. This is amazing because that it is one of the things that I just figured out in my life... "The best things in life are free". And thus far in my journey of life, I think that is one point proven that I will carry with me for the rest of my life.

    ReplyDelete